MILESTONE

 Six months ago,on a Sunday evening,I decided to create a blog. I wanted to see how the whole idea works,how blogging is different from or similar to anything else,I was just curious to be honest.I am in awe that six good months have already come and gone and I do not regret starting this journey.


I am calling it a journey because i had no prior experience, I was clueless,but with a passion and curiosity. I guess I did not want to be a cat*smile if you get it* The past months have been interesting,adventurous, tiring.I had days when I doubted myself,questioned myself if I should continue,what my friends think,what random people think, if I am good enough. I have since learned and understood why they say you can be your own enemy/nay-sayer/setback/discouragement, if you are not careful.
Don't get me wrong,self criticism is essential.I believe you can be a humble human if you question and criticize yourself once in a while BUT, if you do not believe in yourself then who will?
Kaizen!
My economics lecturer introduced me to that word and it simply refers to continuous improvement. Daily,weekly,monthly,annually improving yourself/business/organization etcetera. This, i believe is what has been happening the past months in my blogging life. Though I was in doubt,filled with fear, I have been constantly trying to improve and will continue.
I am very,very grateful to my friends who have not only been my supporters but my motivation. I started the blog using my friend's iPad and my other friend's phone to take the photos,bless your hearts.I will buy you Nando's when i hammer haha.

   There were times when I will be thinking of quitting, but would see a shared post of my blog,a comment,a retweet,a mention..the list goes on. My heart is full.

I am also very grateful to everyone who continue to visit,for the thousands of views my blog has now, the beautiful and encouraging comments,the love. I am thankful. 
Cheers to my photographer!He is God-sent xx
Here is to a SIX MONTH MILESTONE and to many,very many other milestones.Let's do this,with God all things are possible.
Cheers..
Grace

14 comments

  1. And you know what Gig, I have been thinking about blogging for the past twelve months or so. My problem is that i have been doubting whether i have the time, and what it takes to write on a regular basis. I have tested this by creating a whatsap list to whom i send messages three times avery week for the past two years. I have managed to keep up in that corner. My next decision point was: should i build a personal, professional or gospel related blog? Then: what platforms can i use - blogspot, wordpress, tumblr, etc. That's one of the reasons i always visit here; to learn from you on how it's working for you. Thanks for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just start. I have discovered there is nothing like having everything in place, you learn as you go otherwise you will never take your first step. Wordpress is good but I think you pay unlike blogspot,it is free. You just have to decide your niche or start the three blogs hehe. Thanks for always stopping by,best wishes!

      Delete
  2. Cheers to that! I'l have a glass in celebration ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,an excuse to drink on a Monday. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Your outfit is pretty and i love the heels. lovely pictures!

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 6 months! Blogging is so much fun (and a lot of worth). Loving your blush look with those awesome heels.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to talk about your dress and shoes firs because they are edgy and chic!! You look dashing Grace! Happy 6 months blogversary dear. I couldn't agree more with everything you have said. Cheers to more many months and years!
    www.fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!Hope you had a great Valentine's xx

      Delete
  6. Happy 6 months anniversary. Blogging is not easy but its a lot of fun. Keep it up. Love your pleated dress.

    Tega Enai
    www.tegaenai.com
    xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right,it's the discovery of new concepts that makes it worthwhile! Thanks:)

      Delete

Do leave a comment