Hair discoveries.

O Hail ye NATURALISTAS, I'm sure you can't wait to know what this is about because i too, got curious when i saw a YouTube title  saying 'Water Only Method, washing natural hair'. I asked myself what had made these ladies to use only water on washday! Whaaaat, why ? Is it because shampoo and conditioner prices hiked overnight and they can't afford, or do they now react to baking/ bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar????? Well, i tried the Water Only Method and yes, i have results ya'll.

Firstly, it's not tap water you use, its warm to hot water(temperature depends with how tender your scalp is but it should not be cold). Secondly, you need coconut oil to steam. Here is a where you can check out the process, i'm just here with my results. Water Only Method
I decided to report pros and cons, here it goes:

Pros

  1. Your curl pattern is fully defined. How awesome is that!
  2. The scalp gets squeaky clean. #washdaygoals
  3. I got to discover my real hair type. I'm a 4b and i've been thinking i'm a 4c all this while! It doesn't really matter though.
  4. It's more like a detox for your hair, so rejuvenating
  5. A twist out looks twice better than when my hair is loaded with products.
  6. My hair is shiny
  7. I decided to trim the edges, I discovered they have were overdue for a trim
  8. Wash day is obviously shorter

Cons
Dry, itchy scalp when you start the regimen. My scalp was used to moisturizers hence, the idea of not putting anything was too drastic. It was only during the first 4 days though. 

Conclusively, I encourage anyone who wants, to try this method. I should say it is one of the best things i've done for my mane so far. However, i think it's not something to completely do for the rest of your hair-life. 
*If you decide to try it out, please give me your feedback and if you have any new hair tips, share with your girl!
Till next time...

Cheers...Grace.











5 comments

  1. New blogger gimbiya grace,I guess I should give it a try πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ cnt see my self natural again dat #disaster for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. New blogger gimbiya grace,I guess I should give it a try πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ cnt see my self natural again dat #disaster for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe natural hair has it's own struggles, so it's some commitment in a way. Your hair is beautiful still!

      Delete
  3. Just starting so there is nothing to hate yet about it. But I definitely know when I get to that stage I will cross gracefully.

    www.lifestreasury.com

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment