GETTING IT DONE


I almost titled this post - 'Just do it', then remembered my lecturer talking about intellectual property  rights, copyrights and what-not. I wouldn't want to clash with Nike! I again, almost  named it 'Procrastination is the thief of time', then remembered i once wrote about another thief here and i don't want thieving energy on this space!

Hope you've been keeping well, long time no letter! I do not have a valid reason for not writing, except procrastination. That does not sound good, at all but I'm just glad I have this chance and energy to write again and get back in  my groove.

 I know of many people, including me, who find reasons to postpone certain tasks, rescheduling to do it later in the day or in some cases, deciding not to do the task regardless of it's importance! It is such a bad habit and i'm sure you already know.. a habit turns into character.
To save you from developing procrastination into one of your characteristics, here are ways in which you can get things done despite  feeling 'lazy' 'tired' or thinking you're busy and the task can wait.

  • Admit that you're procrastinating.

You can only address what you're aware of, so what causes you to do that assignment, laundry, work project a day before the due date is nothing but procrastination, therefore, you're a procrastinator.

  • Plan what you want to do

 Failing to plan is planning to fail. Cliche, yet so true. If you have something to do and you're clueless regarding it, you will obviously set it aside till later..and later never comes. Gather your facts and plan.

  • Group the tasks

I know that working on bulky things is not motivating hence the tendency to reschedule or do the work hurriedly. It is advisable to group the work into small attainable tasks and believe it or not, you get motivated and might look for new projects to work on. I'm not sure about this part

  • Don't be hard on yourself

If, for some reason you can not finish up what you intended to finish, rest. You can always be faithful enough to finish up later.

  • Have reasonable breaks in between

This is my favorite part in executing tasks. I always work hard towards awarding myself that quick Instagram break. I have realized that these breaks help you to play and work simultaneously for the win!

  • Reward yourself

Need i say more. We all know how we individually reward ourselves so, go ahead and do that once you're done with that huge pile of files that was on your desk.

Till next time, do you boo

Cheers
Grace

6 comments

Do leave a comment